Home About » Privacy Policies
The organizers (see chair persons) of this course, may collect and use your personal data (your personal information) in connection with the course. It also explains what rights you have to access or change your personal data.
TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE (FEBS + Advanced Course Organizers) COLLECT
We currently access, collect and process the following information (most of which is provided directly by you):
- Correspondence with you (for example, we may keep a record of any correspondence with you in relation to the query);
- Demographic information (for example, age and/or other information that may identify you as an individual);
- Photographs (for example, at our in-person courses we may take photographs);
- Recordings (for example, at our in-person courses we may record or film the event; we may take recordings of virtual events. We will endeavour to let you know, for example by notices at such events, if we will be recording or filming them. If you do not wish to be featured in the recording, you can let us know by using the contact details at the top of this notice. If you are engaged as a speaker for an event we will separately request your consent to reproduce, distribute and otherwise use such films or recordings.)
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Assess your application to attend an Advanced Course;
- Administer your participation in the Advanced Course, including processing your registration, handling submitted materials such as abstracts, and managing dietary requests;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- Provide you with information and support about the Advanced Course you have applied to attend;
- If you are photographed as part of any onsite or virtual events, your image or likeness may be used in promotional material;
- If you are filmed or recorded as part of any onsite or virtual events, your image or likeness may be used when we display the recorded content on the website, or use the recorded content, or part of it, in promotional material.
We may share this information with:
- The Federation of European Biochemical Societies (FEBS) as part of our reporting and funding obligations or for use by FEBS in reporting or promotion of its Advanced Courses program;
- On-site research institutions involved in the advanced course (i.e. contributing lectures and practical exersizes)
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us at the details provided above.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a legitimate interest or where a third party has legitimate interests.
Where we use your information for our legitimate interests, or the legitimate interests of a third party, we make sure that we take into account any potential impact that such use may have on you and will not rely on this lawful basis where it is not proportionate to do so. If you have any concerns about our processing please refer to details of “Your Data Protection Rights” below.
HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take steps to ensure that the personal information that you provide is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under data protection law, you have rights including: The Federation of European Biochemical Societies (FEBS) – a company limited by guarantee (No. 8239097), registered as a charity (No. 1149638), in England and Wales. Registered office: Suite B1, Third Floor, St Andrew’s House, 59 St Andrew’s Street, Cambridge CB2 3BZ, UK.
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at the contact details above if you wish to make a request.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, please let us know by using the contact details above. We hope to be able to resolve any complaints with you directly. However, if you are not happy with the steps we have taken, you can also complain to the relevant supervisory authority being:
Der Bundesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit
Graurheindorfer Str. 153
Telephone: +49(0)228 997799-0
The BfDI’s switchboard is available from Monday to Thursday from 8:30 - 12:00 amand from 12:45 - 16:45 pm, on Friday from 8:30 - 12:00 am and from 12:45 -14:00 pm.